It’s officially Lent Season. Who doesn’t love Fish Tacos?
My uncle sent us home with fresh Redfish last time I visited Louisiana.
I decided to cook Redfish Tacos. I fried some of the fish and the other half was prepared in the air-fryer.
I centered this Fish taco around the new Avocado Salsa by Tostitos.
My favorite type of tacos is fish tacos. So this is my Redfish Tacos recipe.
10 - 20 minutes
- Redfish or any white flaky
- Fresh Jalapeños
- Fresh Cilantro
- Flavor Bomb Sweet Tomatoes
- Avocado Salsa
- Shredded Cabbage
- Soft & Fluffy Tortillas
- Tostitos Hint of Lime Chips
- Seasoning for Fish (All Seasoning or Spice Blend)
- French's Classic Mustard
- Dry Parsley
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Pam Olive Oil Spray
- Cilantro Cotija Dressing (optional)
- Mazola Corn Oil
- Rinse and pat dry Red fish or fish of choice.
- Cut the fish into bite size pieces
- Season the fish with your seasoning of choice. I used Slap Ya Mama.
- Add some mustard to the fish. Just a little about 3 - 4 tbsp or so. Enough to add a little flavor to the fish.
- In a bowl add flour, garlic powder, onion powder and smoked paprika and dry parsley. Stir and add fish in batches to the flour mixture.
- Add grease to pot to heat. Once oil is hot enough, drop the fish in to fry. About 3 - 5 minutes depending on the thickness and size of the fish pieces.
- If you prefer the healthy version, add fish to air fryer basket on air fryer setting for about 18 minutes or until cooked completely.
- Rinse tomatoes and cut in half.
- Chop cilantro for garnish or just cut off stems.
- Cut lime into spears.
- Slice jalapeños into thin slices.
- Heat tortillas and build tacos.
- Once all the fish is fried, build taco.
- Tortilla, spread avocado salsa, shredded cabbage, fish, tomatoes, cilantro and fresh jalapeños. A few dashes of Cilantro Cotija Dressing (optional). Finish with a squeeze of lime.
- Serve with Hint of Lime Chips and Avocado Salsa.
Please follow and like us: