Fajita Shrimp & Grits
- Red Bell Peppers
- Orange Bell Peppers
- Garlic Cloves
- Fresh Shrimp
- Fajita Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Quick Grits
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Chicken Broth
- Lactaid Milk
- Sam’s Fresh Cantina Medium Salsa
- Fresh Jalapeno
- Add water boiling to a pot with salt for the Quick grits. You will prepare the grits according to the package. We will add a few ingredients to make the grits a little more flavorful.
- Season the shrimp with the fajita seasoning. Set aside.
- Julienne cut the onions and bell peppers.
- Slice Jalapeno.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet.
- Once the oil and butter is hot add the shrimp to the skillet.
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes on both sides.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet. Set aside.
- Add a little olive oil to the skillet.
- Saute the onions, bell peppers and jalapeno for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook for a minute or so. Don’t burn.
- Deglaze the skillet with chicken broth. Stir. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add Sam’s Fresh Salsa to the pot. Stir. Cook for 2 -3 minutes on medium heat to heat the salsa.
- Toss in the shrimp.
- Finish with fresh cilantro. Remove from the heat. Set aside.
- To finish the grits, add 2 cups of milk and 6 tbsp of butter. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Taste and add salt to the grits.
- Finish the grits with pepper jack cheese. Stir.
- Plate the dish and enjoy! So good!
Enjoy with grits, on a baked potato, in a taco or my favorite over Cheesy Pepper Jack Grits.