Our schedule is a bit more busy than it use to be. But one thing that has really helped with meal times is preparing one meal in a crockpot. I don't cook all of my meals in a crockpot but normally one meal is a crockpot meal.
Last week I cooked a Taco Soup in a crockpot. It's a dump and go recipe that is so easy. You can turn it on before leaving for work.
- Lean Ground Beef
- Beef Broth
- Bell Peppers
- Ranch dressing mix
- Taco Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Can Corn
- Diced tomatoes and green chiles
- Tri-bean blend
- Add lean ground meat. Separate the meat.
- Add All ingredients beef broth, onions, celery, bell peppers, cilantro, ranch dressing mix, taco seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, corn, tri-bean blend and diced tomatoes and green chiles.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until veggies are tender and the meat is cooked.
- Taste and add more seasoning if necessary.
- Serve in a bowl with cheese, sliced avocado and sour cream.