Meatless Monday is here yet again. I created a new recipe last week that I just had to share with you. My Cauliflower Parmesan was a winner with me and my little man. He’s my kid with that will try anything.
Cauliflower is one of the vegetables that is in my normal rotation of vegetables. Cauliflower has many nutritional benefits. One being it’s high in fiber, a good source of antioxidants and it’s a great Low-Carb alternative.
This dish is similar to a Chicken Parmesan but without the Chicken. Since it’s meatless Monday, the Cauliflower is serving as the meat for the dish.
Quick and easy recipe that I would make again and again.
- 1 head Cauliflower
- olive oil
- 1 jar Marinara Sauce
- Italian Seasoning Generous amount
- Sea Salt A few pinches
- Black Pepper A few pinches
- Mozzarella Cheese Generous amount
- Parmigiano-Reggiano Generous amount
- Smoked Paprika A few pinches
- Olive Oil
- Marinara Sauce
- Italian Seasoning
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Smoked Paprika
- Add a pot of water to the stove with salt. Enough to submerge the cauliflower in the water.
- Once the water is boiling, add the cauliflower. Cook for about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Remove the Cauliflower from the boiling water. Drain and set aside for about 5 minutes. Allowing a little time to dry.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the Cauliflower on a baking sheet. **If possible place the cauliflower on the flat part of the cauliflower. If not possible, use an oven safe bowl and place the backside of the cauliflower in a bowl.**
- Brush the Cauliflower with a generous amount of Olive Oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. You want the Cauliflower to be tender but with a little bite to it, Not mushy.
- Top the cauliflower with Marinara Sauce. (A generous amount)
- Sprinkle a generous amount of Italian Seasoning.
- Season with a few pinches of sea salt, smoked paprika and black pepper on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the Cauliflower from the oven. Cover the cauliflower with a generous amount of Mozzarella Cheese.
- Broil in the oven at 500 degrees for 4 - 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven. Finish with Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Add parsley for garnish.