Grilled Pork Chops with Cherry Glaze that you can eat alone. But it also pairs perfectly with an Arugula salad.
I am linking the Grilling Griddle for the Stove Top grill if you don’t have access to a grill. https://www.amazon.com/Ecolution-Grill-Griddle-Stovetop-Reversible/dp/B00E3NMCBU/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6uT4BRD5ARIsADwJQ19JP-gN0ouG60KX6RYLpj4F5tTL4ZWYzxMyE1IHAbnWZ_pBMvqPKtkaAtFNEALw_wcB&hvadid=176942771702&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9027746&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=7911414169824995418&hvtargid=kwd-15238643720&hydadcr=13992_9624767&keywords=lodge+cast+iron+reversible+griddle&qid=1595524888&sr=8-11&tag=googhydr-20
Grilled Pork Chops with Cherry Glaze
Grilled Pork Chops
- Louisiana Cajun Seasoning Generous amount
- Smoked Paprika Generous amount
- Onion Powder Generous amount
- Garlic Powder Generous amount
- Virgin Olive Oil Generous amount
- Griddle Grill Pan Link included
- 1 cup Cut Cherries
- 1 - 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsps Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 palm full Celery leaves Rough chopped
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 2 tbsp Grease from the Pork Chop
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- Edible Flowers Garnish
- Louisiana Cajun Seasoning
- Smoked Paprika
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Virgin Olive Oil
- Griddle Grill Pan
- Brown Sugar
- Yellow Mustard Seeds
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Celery leaves
- Grease from the Pork Chops
- Cayenne Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- Edible Flowers
- Rinse the cherries. Remove the pit. Cut the cherries in half. Set aside.
- Chop a few celery leaves. Set aside.
- Season the Pork Chops with Louisiana Cajun Seasoning, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder and Smoked Paprika. Set aside.
- For the Cherry topping, add the butter to the pan.
- Add the brown sugar, cherries, water. Stir. Cook about 3 minutes. It should start to look syrup like.
- Add the yellow mustard seeds, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, pepper flakes. Stir.
- Once bubbling. Reduce the heat.
- Add the Lemon juice and celery leaves. Stir.
- Add a pinch of salt. Stir and taste. Cook on medium to low heat for about 10 - 15 minutes or so.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Olive Oil to the Griddle Pan. Allow the pan to get really hot. This will provide beautiful grill marks.
- Add pork chops to the griddle. Space the pork chops out, this will allow the pork chops to cook evenly.
- Cook on both sides for about 6 - 8 minutes give or take. The internal temperature of a pork chop should be 145 degrees.
- Remove from the heat. Allow to rest 3 minutes.
- Reserve some of the pork chop grease from the grilling skillet. Stir into the Cherry topping before serving.
- Plate the pork chops side by side. Then add the Cherry topping on top of the pork chops.
- Garnish with edible flowers.