Football Season is here! Our family is so pumped. We are big Football Fans. It looked like the season wasn’t going to happen, but it is here!
For all of my new readers/followers we are big New Orleans Saints fans. We are believing for big things this year for the Saints.
So in honor of the start of Football Season, my Spicy Caribbean Wings. Grab a drink and napkins because this one might get a little mess. But man are these wings so good!!
Spicy Caribbean Wings
- 12 fl oz Smoked Serano Wing Sauce
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 3 - 4 splashes Liquid Smoke
- 20 oz Pineapple Chunks You will use the chunks and the juice in the Sauce
- 1 whole Fresh Pineapple Cut and sliced into long pieces
- 2 Lime Halved
- 1 Juice of lime
- 1 pack Chicken Wings 1st and 2nd sections
- Garlic Powder Season to taste
- McCormick Grill Mates Mojito Lime Seasoning Desired amount, Grinded
- Smoked Paprika Season to taste
- Cilantro Garnish
- 4 tbsp Land O'Lakes Butter
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Smoked Serano Wing Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Liquid Smoke
- Pineapple Chunks
- A Fresh Pineapple
- Juice of a Lime
- Chicken Wings
- Garlic Powder
- McCormick Grill Mates Mojito Lime Seasoning
- Smoked Paprika
- Land O' Lakes
- Brown Sugar
- Grind the McCormick Grill Mates Mojito Lime Seasoning in a grinder.
- Season the chicken with the Mojito Lime Seasoning, Smoked Paprika and Garlic Powder.
- Juice one lime and pour on top of the chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Peel pineapple.
- Cut the pineapple into long pieces or strips that will be grilled. Set aside.
- Smoke the wings and lime on the Traeger or Smoker of choice for 30 - 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
- Why the wings are smoking, make the sauce that the wings will be tossed in. Add the Smoked Serano Wing Sauce, Butter, Brown Sugar, Liquid Smoke, Soy Sauce, Pineapple Juice and pineapple chunks. Mix together until completely mixed and the sauce is hot. Set aside.
- Heat the indoor grill skillet. Spray the indoor grill skillet with Pam Spray. Grill the pineapple slices on an indoor grill skillet. Be sure to get the nice grill marks on the pineapple. Remove and set aside. **I am attaching the link of a grill skillet for those who may not know. https://www.target.com/p/lodge-16-75-x-9-5-cast-iron-reversible-griddle/-/A-11992196?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&CPNG=PLA_Kitchen%2BShopping_Local&adgroup=SC_Kitchen&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9027746&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1248099&ds_rl=1247068&gclid=CjwKCAjwnef6BRAgEiwAgv8mQSbwjTf-NbsdWUSJ-htY3LKZKz-7ef3UqcqCPHINXxzApzkxAeVgDhoCiCQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
- Remove the Wings and lime from the Smoker.
- Add the sauce to a bowl. Toss the wings in the spicy sauce.
- Build your platter, Add wings like a tower, pineapples all around.
- Garnish with lots of Cilantro.
- Before eating squeeze the smoked lime over the top. Will intensify the flavors.
- To curve the heat of the wings, eat some of the grilled pineapple with it. So yummy.