Tiktok is an intrical part of my business as a blogger. I share a lot more video content there than I do on my blog or any other platform. If you use Tiktok you know that everyone post their recipes, experiences, travel and much more to tiktok.
I love Tiktok for so many reasons. But especially to see some of the cool food trends. If you aren’t following me on Tiktok, you’re missing out. Follow here
Recently I saw a version of this Tiktok Pasta dish.
This pasta dish combines two of my kids absolutely favorite things. Alfredo pasta and Meat Sauce.
I knew I had to make my version and see if my kids will like it.
- Bertolli Alfredo Sauce ( 2 – 15 oz)
- Classico Spicy Red Pepper Sauce ( 24 oz)
- 2 – 2 1/2 lbs of ground beef
- Beefsteak Tomato (1) Diced
- Barilla Spaghetti Noodles (1 – lb)
- Fresh Basil (3 bundles) Julienne cut
- White onion (1/4 – diced)
- Green and Red Bell Peppers (1/4 of each diced)
- Italian Seasoning
- Italian Style Parmesan Cheese (Garnish)
- Smoked Paprika (1 – 2 tbsp)
- Garlic Powder (1 -2 tbsp)
- Slap Ya Mama Seasoning (Season to taste)
- Brown the ground beef in a pot. Stirring often.
- Season with slap ya mama seasoning, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Stirring often.
- Brown for 8 – 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Use a strainer to strain the grease. Set the ground beef aside.
- Add water to a pot with salt and olive oil.
- Toss in the onions and bell peppers. Saute, stirring often. Cook 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add in the Spicy Red Sauce to the pot with the onions and bell peppers.
- Add in the diced tomatoes to the pot with the sauce. Stir.
- Add in the italian seasoning. Stir.
- Add in the fresh basil. Stir.
- Add the ground beef back to the pot. Stir. *Depending on how saucy you want your meat sauce you may not need it all. I didn’t use all of the ground beef.*
- Allow the sauce to cook on a low to medium heat for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Boil the pasta once the water is boiling. Prepare according to the packaging.
- Once the pasta is cooked. Drain the pasta. Set aside.
- Add the alfredo sauce to the pot. Stirring often.
- Once the alfredo sauce is hot. Stir in the pasta. *I didn’t use all of the pasta. You want the pasta to be saucy.*
- Turn off the fire once you stir in the pasta.
- Taste the meat sauce. Add in the additional seasoning. *I did, because I found that the Spicy Red Sauce was a little sweet.
- Now it’s time to plate. Put a generous amount of Alfredo Pasta in the bowl.
- Top with the Meat Sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
I Served this yummy dish in my brand new pasta bowl from the Hearth and Hand with Magnolia Line from Target. Shop here
Video recipe on tiktok here