It’s Wellness Wednesday! I’m sharing a healthier option, my Shrimp Sunshine Bowl.
I am so excited to share this post today. Tabitha Brown is a social media mogul who shares amazing plant based recipes and daily inspirations. She is always so true to herself and confident in the skin she is in.
I have been working hard to get my hands on her new Seasoning that she created with McCormick, McCormick Sunshine Seasoning. This is a seasoning that is all purpose with ginger, garlic, pineapple and mango.
This blend influenced me to create a Shrimp Sunshine Bowl. I love a good bowl dish. More than just a good bowl dish, I love a healthy one.
This Shrimp Sunshine Bowl was so good.
This seasoning gives a caribbean style vibe. It paired so well with the shrimp and the ingredients in this bowl.
You can purchased this seasoning via this link
- Shrimp (1 – 2 lbs.)
- Avocado Oil or Olive Oil to grill the shrimp
- Tabitha Brown’s Sunshine Seasoning (Desired amount, like Tabitha says, let your spirit lead you)
- Pico de gallo
- Black Beans (1) (27 oz)
- Whole Kernel Corn (1) (15.25 oz)
- Mango (1) (diced)
- Purple cabbage (desired amount)
- Jasmine Rice (cooked, desired amount)
- Cilantro (chopped)
- Chipotle ranch dressing or Southwest Dressing
- Land O’Lakes butter
- Slap ya Mama Seasoning (1/2 – 1 tbsp or desired amount for corn and black beans)
- Cumin ( 2 tsp)
- Cook your Jasmine rice in the rice cooker.
- Season the shrimp with Sunshine Seasoning. Set aside.
- Peel and dice the Mango. Set aside.
- Add the corn to a pot. Add butter and the slap ya mama. Cook for 5 minutes or until the corn is heated.
- Add the black beans to a pot. Season with cumin and slap ya mama. Stirring often. Heat on low to medium heat. About 5 – 8 minutes or until the beans are tender.
- Add some of the Avocado oil to the skillet. Once the skillet is hot add in the shrimp. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes on each side or until completely cooked.
- I purchased these items already cut, the purple cabbage, pico and cilantro.
- Now it’s time to build the bowl.
- First I placed my desired amount of jasmine rice in the bowl.
- Then added the mangos closer to the rim.
- I continued this pattern with the black beans.
- The pico.
- The corn.
- The purple cabbage.
- The shrimp was placed in the middle.
- I drizzled some of the chipotle ranch on top. Feel free to use whatever kind of dressing you prefer. I think Southwest dressing would also be delicious.
- Lastly, Garnish with a generous amount of cilantro.
Shop this post here
Wanna checkout more from Tabitha Brown she has a new cookbook. Purchase here