Holiday Traditions are a big deal in our home. Our kids look forward to all of our holiday traditions.
One of our traditions is we decorate our home indoors and outdoors as a family. We make a full day of it. We wear holiday pajamas, I cook gumbo (seafood gumbo recipe coming soon) and make my Holiday Cider. Oh man!!
I used a brand new knife set by IPUREHOME to prepare and prep the cider. Shop here
- 6 small yellow apples (Sliced)
- 2 green apples (Sliced)
- 2 Granny Smith apples (Sliced)
- Apple Juice 48 oz x 2 (maybe less depending on the size of your crockpot)
- Cranberries (1 bag)
- Orange extract (2 caps full)
- Cinnamon sticks (3)
- Whole all-spice (palm full)
- Whole cloves (palm full)
- Lemon (1)
- Pineapple Oranges (1)
- Mint leaves (garnish)
- Candied cranberries (garnish)
- Sweet foam cream (top the drink with)
I also made some candied cranberries
(Simple syrup (water and sugar) cook to a boil, remove from heat. Toss in a few cranberries) remove after a minute or so.
Set aside for later.
- Pour the apple juice in the crockpot.
- Slice the apples. Toss into the crockpot.
- Slice the lemon. Toss into the crockpot.
- Slice the Pineapple Orange. Toss into the crockpot.
- Pour in the cranberries.
- Pour in the orange extract.
- Toss in the cinnamon sticks.
- Toss in the Whole Cloves and Whole AllSpice.
- Cook on high for 2-4 hours.
- Serve in a decorative glass.
- Top with sweet foam.
- Garnish with candied cranberries and mint leaves.