Being from Louisiana, I love Seafood. We eat Seafood at least 3 times a week. Shrimp and Grits are one of my favorite meals to eat.
Switched up my recipe with a new product called Sam’s Fresh Salsa. Sam’s Fresh Salsa is fresh, delicious, and perfect for dinner or your next family party. Available in 3 flavors, Medium Salsa, Cantina Medium Salsa, Salsa Verde, and Watermelon Jicama Salsa.
I used the Sam’s Cantina Medium Salsa in this recipe. The Cantina Medium Salsa had a nice kick. I loved the consistency of the salsa.
Here is the recipe with this Salsa, Fajita Shrimp & Grits
Fajita Shrimp & Grits
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper Julienne Cut
- 1/2 Orange Bell Peppers Julienne Cut
- 1/2 White Onions Julienne Cut
- 1 bag Shrimp (Peeled and deveined)
- 1 pack Fajita Seasoning
- Quick Grits Make desired amount
- 1/2 cup Sam's Fresh Medium Salsa
- 6 oz Chicken Broth
- Jalapeños Sliced
- 2 - 3 cups Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- Cilantro Garnish
- 4 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 tbsp Butter for Shrimp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup Lactaid Milk or Milk of Choive
- 6 tbsp Butter for Grits
- 1 small Jalapeno Sliced
- Red Bell Peppers
- Orange Bell Peppers
- Garlic Cloves
- Fresh Shrimp
- Fajita Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Quick Grits
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Chicken Broth
- Lactaid Milk
- Sam's Fresh Cantina Medium Salsa
- Fresh Jalapeno
- Add water boiling to a pot with salt for the Quick grits. You will prepare the grits according to the package. We will add a few ingredients to make the grits a little more flavorful.
- Season the shrimp with the fajita seasoning. Set aside.
- Julienne cut the onions and bell peppers.
- Slice Jalapeno.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet.
- Once the oil and butter is hot add the shrimp to the skillet.
- Cook for 2 - 3 minutes on both sides.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet. Set aside.
- Add a little olive oil to the skillet.
- Saute the onions, bell peppers and jalapeno for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook for a minute or so. Don't burn.
- Deglaze the skillet with chicken broth. Stir. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add Sam's Fresh Salsa to the pot. Stir. Cook for 2 -3 minutes on medium heat to heat the salsa.
- Toss in the shrimp.
- Finish with fresh cilantro. Remove from the heat. Set aside.
- To finish the grits, add 2 cups of milk and 6 tbsp of butter. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Taste and add salt to the grits.
- Finish the grits with pepper jack cheese. Stir.
- Plate the dish and enjoy! So good!
For more information on Sam’s Fresh Salsa visit these website:
You can purchase Sam’s Fresh Salsa at ShopRite, Acme and Safeway.