As a Louisiana girl, I grew up eating a lot of seafood. Shrimp and Crawfish are my favorite.
My kids wanted Pasta one day, so I decided to switch up our normal Alfredo or Spaghetti dishes with my Cajun Shrimp & Sausage Pasta.
This dish was simple and easy. Plus I made this dish in my Instant Pot.
Cajun Shrimp & Sausage Pasta
- 1 lb Philly Peeled & Deveined Shrimp
- 7.25 oz Smoked Sausage 2 links sliced with desired thickness
- 1/2 Onion Diced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper Diced
- 8 oz Penne Pasta uncooked
- olive oil Desired amount
- Texas Gold Cheese Generous amount
- Dry Parsley For Garnish
- 1 - 2 15 oz jars Saucy Cajun Cream Sauce
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- Slap Ya Mama Season to taste
- Garlic Powder Season to taste
- Onion Powder Season to taste
- Smoked Paprika Season to taste
- Peeled and Deveined Shrimp
- Smoked Sausage
- Green Bell Pepper
- Penne Pasta
- Olive Oil
- Texas Gold Cheese
- Saucy Cajun Cream Sauce
- Chicken Stock
- Slap Ya Mama
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Season the shrimp with Slap Ya Mama, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder and Smoked Paprika. Set aside.
- Slice the smoked sausage. Set aside.
- Dice the onions and bell peppers. Set aside.
- Add Olive oil to the Instant Pot.
- Turn on to the Saute setting.
- Once the olive oil is hot, add shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 3 - 5 minutes. Stirring often.
- Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the sausage. Brown the sausage for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and bell peppers. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes. Stirring often.
- Add the cajun cream sauce. I used a jar and a half. Stir.
- Add 8 oz of pasta. Stir.
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock. Stir.
- Cover with the instant pot glass lid. For this dish I used the glass lid because it allows me to keep an eye on the pasta to prevent burning.
- Switch to the meat setting.
- Cook for 15 minutes or so. Use a timer on your phone. The timer on the instant pot is a bit different, because it starts the timer once the temperature is at a certain level.
- Once the timer is over, Stir and check pasta for your desired tenderness.
- Add 5 minutes if the pasta isn't your desired thickness.
- Add the shrimp back in for 1 - 3 minutes. Stir.
- Finish with Texas Gold cheese or cheese of choice. About 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Stir.
- Add the Dry Parsley. Stir.
Shop this Instant Pot http://liketk.it/37LUR