Soup is our go to when the temperature drops. We are trying to find whatever we can to keep us warm. Comfort Food is the best during these times and for that reason I recently created a new recipe, Italian Soup.
A super easy soup with the simplest ingredients.
- Italian Sausage mild
- Italian Seasoning
- Chicken Stock
- Italian diced tomatoes
- Onion Powder
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Bell Pepper
- White Onion
- Green Onions
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Cannellini Beans
- Tortellini 3-cheese Pasta
- Baguette bread
- Parmesan cheese to grate
- Add Olive Oil to the skillet and heat.
- Brown the Italian Sausage.
- Remove some of the grease and set aside and strain the sausage. Set sausage aside.
- Add the grease back to the pot.
- Add onions, bell peppers, celery.
- Add garlic
- Add chicken stock
- Add Italian seasoning
- Add basil
- Add Italian diced tomatoes
- Add onion powder
- Add garlic powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Add Italian sausage
- Cook for 15-20 minutes on medium to low heat
- Boil a pot of water on the side. Prepare the Tortellini 3 cheese pasta according to the package directions.
- Rinse Cannellini beans. Add Cannellini beans to pot.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Strain pasta and set aside.
- Add Spinach. Cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and turn the pot off.
Cheese bread is perfect to serve with this Italian Soup.
My kiddos prepared this bread. I sliced the bread myself and the kiddos basted the bread with butter and topped with cheese.
So easy and a fun way to incorporate them with the cooking.
French Bread Baguette Cheesy Bread:
- Sliced bread
- Melt butter
- Baste bread with butter
- Grate cheese on top
- Bake in bread in the oven at 350 degree for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melt.
- Serve and enjoy!