We are in the midst of Basketball Season for our daughter. This means that some nights I don’t have time to cook.
One day I needed quick meal for my family that could be made ahead and warmed when we returned from the game.
Today’s recipe is my Chicken, Cheese and Veggie Baked Potato. I made this dish in my instant pot.
Print RecipeChicken, Cheese and Veggie Baked Potato Yum
My instant pot has become an amazing go to for me during our busy times. This is a one pot recipe. Perfect for those busy nights.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 - 20 minutes|
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breast Halves and seasoned
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Water
- 12 oz Broccoli & Cauliflower Mix
- 8 oz Velvetta Cheese Cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp Land O'Lakes Butter
- Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 Onion Diced
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese Desired amount
- 1 stalk Green onions Cut
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Who doesn't love Chicken and cheese? Cheesy goodness is something the entire family will love. While also slipping in vegetables to keep you healthy.
- Boneless Chicken Breast
- Chicken Stock
- Fresh Broccoli & Cauliflower
- Velvetta Cheese
- Land O' Lakes Butter
- Tony Chacheres
- Smoked Paprika
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Green onions
- Olive Oil
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Season the chicken breast with Tony Chacheres and Smoked Paprika.
- Add Olive oil to the Instant Pot.
- Hit the Saute button on the Instant Pot.
- Brown the chicken on both sides. 3 - 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken cut in half. Continue browning and cooking. 3 minutes or so.
- Remove the chicken. Set aside.
- Deglaze the pot with chicken stock.
- Add water.
- Switch the pot to Steam. Place the basket or metal steam piece that came with the instant pot.
- Add Broccoli and Cauliflower.
- Place lid on top. I have a glass lid that I use, but the regular lid should work just the same. Steam for 9 minutes
- While the veggies are cooking, cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Remove the veggies. Set aside.
- Turn off instant pot. Pour out the liquid. Wipe out the remains from the pot.
- Turn the pot on to the Soup/Broth setting.
- Add the butter to the instant pot. Stir.
- Add the diced onion. Stirring often.
- Add the Heavy Whipping cream. Stirring often. Once boiling about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese. Stirring. Don't let stick. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add the chicken, about 2 cups. Stir together.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower. Stir.
- Turn off pot. Add shredded Colby jack cheese. Cheese will melt.
- Serve with green onions or on top of a baked potato or with pasta.