We are in the midst of Basketball Season for our daughter. This means that some nights I don’t have time to cook.
One day I needed quick meal for my family that could be made ahead and warmed when we returned from the game.
Today’s recipe is my Chicken, Cheese and Veggie Baked Potato. I made this dish in my instant pot.
Chicken, Cheese and Veggie Baked Potato
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breast Halves and seasoned
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Water
- 12 oz Broccoli & Cauliflower Mix
- 8 oz Velvetta Cheese Cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp Land O'Lakes Butter
- Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 Onion Diced
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese Desired amount
- 1 stalk Green onions Cut
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Boneless Chicken Breast
- Chicken Stock
- Fresh Broccoli & Cauliflower
- Velvetta Cheese
- Land O' Lakes Butter
- Tony Chacheres
- Smoked Paprika
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Green onions
- Olive Oil
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Season the chicken breast with Tony Chacheres and Smoked Paprika.
- Add Olive oil to the Instant Pot.
- Hit the Saute button on the Instant Pot.
- Brown the chicken on both sides. 3 - 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken cut in half. Continue browning and cooking. 3 minutes or so.
- Remove the chicken. Set aside.
- Deglaze the pot with chicken stock.
- Add water.
- Switch the pot to Steam. Place the basket or metal steam piece that came with the instant pot.
- Add Broccoli and Cauliflower.
- Place lid on top. I have a glass lid that I use, but the regular lid should work just the same. Steam for 9 minutes
- While the veggies are cooking, cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Remove the veggies. Set aside.
- Turn off instant pot. Pour out the liquid. Wipe out the remains from the pot.
- Turn the pot on to the Soup/Broth setting.
- Add the butter to the instant pot. Stir.
- Add the diced onion. Stirring often.
- Add the Heavy Whipping cream. Stirring often. Once boiling about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese. Stirring. Don't let stick. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add the chicken, about 2 cups. Stir together.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower. Stir.
- Turn off pot. Add shredded Colby jack cheese. Cheese will melt.
- Serve with green onions or on top of a baked potato or with pasta.