The cold weather is here! The easiest Instant Pot Chili is on the blog. Chili is a delicious bowl of goodness to warm up with. Comfort in a bowl.
Only a few ingredients are needed. This Cajun Power is a chili starter meaning all you need is the ground beef and whatever additional spices or herbs you might want to use. This makes it really easy to create a quick and simple dinner for your family.
- 2.5 lbs of ground beef
- Diced onions (1/2 of onion)
- Chicken broth (8 oz)
- Jar of Cajun Power (32 oz) or chili starter
- Slap ya mama (season to taste)
- Smoked paprika (season to taste)
- Onion powder (season to taste)
- Garlic powder (season to taste)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Olive oil 1-2 tbsp
- Hit the sauté button on the instant pot.
- Add the olive oil.
- Brown the ground beef on the sauté setting of instant pot.
- As the meat is browning season the ground beef with slap ya mama. Stirring often until brown.
- Drain the ground beef.
- Return the ground beef to the instant pot.
- Switch the instant pot setting to bean/chili setting.
- Add in the onions. Stirring often. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth. Stir.
- Add in the jar of Cajun power or chili starter. Heat for 8 -10 minutes. Stirring often. Taste.
- Add in some additional slap ya mama, onion powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Approximately 1 tbsp of each. Stir. Taste.
- Toss in some cilantro. Stir. Cook additional 3 minutes. Stir.
- Optional step, add some hot sauce to give it some spice!
- Serve with cornbread, crackers, over rice or as is. So yummy.
Shop this Instant Pot here