I love getting my kids involved when I’m preparing meals or planning my menus.
I was talking with them about this dish that I wanted to create. My Crispy Chicken bowl is a play off of the popular KFC Famous chicken bowl.
My teenager loves spicy chips. She had a bag of funyuns and wanted to make spicy chicken nuggets instead of the regular crispy chicken. I was like cool deal, let’s try it.
These bowls turned out great. Here is what you need:
Crispy Chicken Bowl
- Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast (cut into bite size pieces)
- Season blend for chicken (I used slap ya mama, garlic powder, onion powder and smoked paprika)
- Instant Mashed Potatoes (follow the boxes directions, add butter).
- Frying Oil
- Chicken Gravy
- Canned Kernel Corn and butter (heat, add butter and season with slap ya mama)
- FunYuns Flamin’ Hot
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Eggs ( 2, beaten for dipping before flour)
- Slap Ya mama seasoning (season to taste)
- McCormick garlic powder (season to taste)
- McCormick Onion Powder (season to taste)
- McCormick Garlic Powder (season to taste)
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Add oil to the fryer
- Grind the Flamin’ Hot Funyuns. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Season the chicken with Slap ya mama, Onion powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Set aside.
- Add the flour to a pan.
- Add the eggs to a small bowl and whisk.
- Dip the chicken in flour and eggs for crispy chicken. For the hot chicken version (Season the chicken with a little salt, dip in the grind up flamin’ hot)
- Fry the chicken for 3 – 5 minutes. It’s bite size pieces so it won’t take long to cook.
- Heat the corn with butter and slap ya mama.
- Make the mashed potatoes according to the box. Add butter.
- Heat the chicken gravy.
- Build the bowl.
- Mashed potatoes
- Top with shredded cheese
- Add the buttered corn
- Add the fried chicken bites
- Add chicken gravy on top.
- Finish with fresh parsley
- This bowl was comforting, filling and delicious. An easy meal for the whole family.
Some of these items were purchased from Farmhouse delivery
Use the code DSFoodie to receive $20.00 off your first order of $50 or more when you sign up with Farmhouse Delivery.