Fish Fry Friday is here. Instead of a Fish Recipe today I am sharing my Crab Étouffée . This is an easy recipe. Perfect for a good Southern dish at home.
We purchased our fresh Crab Meat from a local Seafood Market in Galveston, TX. Typically a Crab Cake is the way to go, but we wanted something different.
Crab Étouffée is a delicious Southern dish. A yummy dish that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
- 4 Tbsp Land o Lakes Butter
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 Carton Crab Meat About 1 - 1 1/2 lb
- 10 1/2 oz Golden Mushrooms
- 32 oz Seafood Stock
- Dry Parsley Flakes Generous amount
- Garlic Powder Season to taste
- Onion Powder Season to taste
- Cayenne Pepper Season to taste
- Smoked Paprika Season to taste
- Maldon Salt Season to taste
- Land O Lakes Butter
- White Onion
- Fresh Crab Meat
- Golden Mushrooms
- Seafood Stock
- Cayenne Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Dry Parsley
- Smoked Paprika
- Maldon Salt
- Season the Crab meat with Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Smoked Paprika, and Cayenne Pepper.
- Add the butter to the skillet.
- Once the butter is almost completely melted, add the onions.
- Saute the onions. About 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add the Crab Meat and mix in with the onions. About 3 minutes.
- Add in the golden mushrooms. Mix together.
- Add in the Seafood Stock.
- Mix the ingredients together. Stir well.
- Lower the heat to medium to low heat. Cook for 5 - 10 minutes. Stirring often. Taste.
- Add more seasoning to the Crab Étouffée if necessary.
- Add in the parsley flakes and green onions. Cook a minute or so. Stir.
- Serve over catfish with rice.
- I served my Étouffée with Poblano and Cheese Grits, topped with collard greens, Fried Catfish and topped with the Crab Étouffée. So yummy.