Southwest Texas Chili
Chili is one of our go to’s when it’s cold. Man have we been having some cold and beautiful weather lately here in Texas.
Today’s recipe is my Southwest Texas Chili. Being from Louisiana we make our chili with beans. Word on the street is that Texans don’t like Beans in their chili.
Southwest Texas Chili
A bowl of Comfort food is just what the doctor ordered. Perfect bowl of goodness.
- 1/2 cup Red Cooking Wine
- Dry Parsley Flakes Generous amount
- 32 oz Beef stock
- 14.5 oz Red Gold Diced Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 14.5 oz Hunt's Diced Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning Season Generously
- Smoked Paprika Season Generously
- Garlic Powder Season Generously
- Onion Powder Season Generously
- Cayenne Pepper Season to taste
- 1 - 2 lbs Beef Stew Meat
- Chili Kit If no kit is available use Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder and
- 1 stalk Celery Diced
- 1/2 Onion Diced
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 4 - 6 cloves Fresh Garlic Minced
- Cilantro For Garnish
- Marzetti Southwest Ranch Dipping Sauce Used in place of sour cream
- 1/4 Purple onion Julienne cut
- Corn Chips Scoop corn chips, desired amount
- Sliced Jalapenos Garnish
- 1 Lime Cut into wedges
- olive oil For browning the meat
- 14.5 oz Tomato Sauce
A bowl of Comfort Food is ideal on any cold day. This recipe is an easy short cut to a flavorful Chili. Southwest Texas Chili Ingredients:
- Beef stew 1 - 2 lbs
- Beef stock
- Red cooking wine
- Chili kit
- Tomato sauce
- Diced tomatoes in garlic, basil, oregano
- Bell peppers
- Red Cooking wine
- Southwest Veggie Dip
- Purple onions
- Corn Chips
- Sliced jalapeños
- Lime wedges
- Olive Oil
- Dry Parsley Flakes
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Season your Beef Stew meat with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, Smoked Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, Onion Powder and Garlic Powder. Marinate for a few hours if possible.
- Add Olive Oil to your Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot on Saute.
- Once the Olive Oil is hot, add the beef meat. Brown the meat. About 7 minutes.
- Remove the meat and set aside
- Add a little more olive oil if necessary, saute the onions, bell peppers and celery. About 4 minutes.
- Toss in the garlic. Stir. About 1 minute or so. Don't burn garlic.
- Deglaze the pot with Red cooking wine. Pull up any drippings and make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pot. About 3 minutes.
- Add the beef stock. Stir.
- Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes to the Instant pot. Stir everything together.
- Switch the Instant Pot to the Soup/Broth setting. Set for about 33 - 35 minutes.
- Put the Beef meat back into the pot.
- Stir in the Chili Kit ingredients.
- Seal the pot with the instant pot lid.
- Cook for about 33 - 35 minutes or so.
- Remove the lid. Be careful.
- Toss in some of the dry parsley at the end. Stir.
- Serve in a big bowl.
- Garnish with Southwest Ranch Dip, Scoop Corn Chips, Jalapeños, Purple Onions, Cilantro and a lime.