A key ingredient to any dish is Olive Oil. A good quality Olive Oil is necessary. Zucchi has a great Olive Oil.
I recently infused my Olive Oil with garlic. It was so easy. I wanted to share the steps to make your own.
Only a few ingredients:
- Peeled Garlic ( 8 – 10)
- High quality olive oil (1 cup)
- Salt (optional)
- Press your garlic with a garlic press or minced.
- Set aside.
- Add Olive oil to a sauce pan.
- Heat olive oil 1 minute or so.
- Toss in garlic. The garlic will appear to be frying. Lower heat for 1 – 2 minutes. *DO NOT BURN*.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover the pot. Allow to seep/sit for 1 – 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, use a strainer and pour oil and garlic.
- Press the garlic through the strainer a few times. You want the garlic to be completely dissolved.
- Add to a mason jar and cover until ready to use. I used a mason jar.
- Store in a cool area.
- Perfect to saute vegetables in, garlic toast, with steak and much more.
I used it recently for Grilled Garlic toast for a dish. Recipe for this dish is on the blog.