White beans Wednesday just got a whole lot better. Adding a little something special to my basic White beans dish.
I typically use hot sauce in my white beans for a little heat. But instead I am adding Sam’s Fresh Salsa to this dish. The Salsa Verde is spicy and adds umami to an already delicious dish.
This dish was incredible delicious. Layers and layers of flavor.
White Beans Salsa Verde
- 1 loaf Panera Sour Dough Bread Sliced the bread
- Garlic Olive Oil For the bread, generous amount
- 1 lb White beans
- 1/2 Onions Diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/2 Green Bell Peppers Diced
- 3 links Smoked Sausage Sliced
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 12 oz Salsa Verde Salsa
- 32 oz Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama
- Fresh Parsley Generous amount chopped
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Panera Sourdough Bread
- Garlic Olive Oil or Olive Oil of choice
- White Beans
- Bell Peppers
- Smoked Sausage
- Onion powder
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Salsa Verde Salsa
- Fresh Parsley
- Chicken Stock
- Slap Ya Mama
- Cut smoked sausage into slices.
- Dice the onions and bell peppers. Set aside.
- Mince the garlic. Set aside.
- Chop the parsley. Set aside.
- Set the instant pot to Saute.
- Heat the Olive oil to the instant pot. (About 1 - 2 minutes).
- Brown the sausage. Stirring occasionally. (About 5 minutes).
- Add the onions and bell peppers. Stirring occasionally (3 - 5 minutes or until translucent).
- Add the minced garlic (1 - 2 minutes). Don't burn.
- Add the white beans.
- Add the chicken stock. Stir.
- Add the water. Stir.
- Cover with lid.
- Switch instant pot to Bean/Chili setting for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Once timer rings. Release the pressure.
- Stir. Taste.
- Add slap ya mama seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Turn back on Chili/Bean setting. Cook for an additional 5 - 10 minutes. Stirring often. Don't let the beans stick, will scorch the beans.
- Add the fresh parsley before serving.
- Serve over Grilled Sourdough Garlic bread (recipe below).
- Place the bread at the bottom, top with the white beans and sausage. Don't forget the juice of the beans to (Scarpetta, which means sopping up juice or sauce with the bread).
- Finish the dish with a generous amount of the Salsa Verde Salsa. Oh man, that umami magic! Will add a bounty of flavor to the dish.
- Slice the panera sourdough bread.
- Brush the bread with the garlic olive oil. Recipe above.
- Turn on the stove top grill crate or use outdoor grill.
- Once hot. Brush the crate with olive oil.
- Add the bread. Grilling 3 - 5 minutes on both sides.
- Perfect with this dish or with spaghetti or your next BBQ.
For more on Sam’s Fresh Salsa visit:
Sam’s Fresh Salsa can be purchased at ShopRite, Acme and Safeway.
Shop this post:
Prepping everything on one board is amazing! My new Catskill Craftsmen Super Slab board is amazing. Big enough for everything to fit and prep on! #Boards #CuttingBoards #Prep #KitchenBoards
Follow me in the @LIKEtoKNOW.it shopping app to shop this post and get my exclusive app-only content!
#liketkit #LTKhome #LTKfamily