Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite Italian dishes. This is my go to when we dine at Italian Restaurants. I picked up this new sauce by Mezzetta called Truffle, Porcini & Cream which was how this new recipe idea came about for dinner. This sauce is so delicious and was the perfect choice for my Turkey Parmesan Sandwich.
I replaced the traditional chicken with Turkey breast. A great choice. So delicious.
In addition to this new sauce, Smoked mozzarella was superb on this sandwich.
Turkey Parmesan Sandwich
- Turkey Breast Cutlets (1.53 lbs)
- Smoked Mozzarella
- Sliced Mozzarella
- Baby Arugula
- Sun-dried tomatoes in a jar
- Truffle, Porcini and Cream Marinara (Marinara sauce or Pasta sauce of choice)
- Ciabatta bread
- Parmesan bread crumbs
- Yellow Mustard (will act as a binder to the turkey breast)
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Smoked Paprika
- Slap Ya Mama
- Oil for frying
- Block of Parmesan to shred on top.
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Heat the frying oil in the skillet.
- Slather the Turkey Breast with mustard on both sides. This will act as a binder for the seasoning. You can also use eggs instead.
- Season the Turkey Breast on both sides with Slap Ya Mama, Italian Seasoning, Smoked Paprika and Garlic Powder.
- Add an even amount of flour and parmesan breadcrumbs to a bowl. Stir.
- Dip the turkey breast in flour and parmesan breadcrumbs on both sides. Set aside.
- Once the oil is heated, fry the turkey breast on both sides for 4 – 5 minutes depending on the size of the cutlets. Internal temp should be, 160 – 165 degrees.
- Drain the turkey breast on a paper towel.
- Heat the Truffle, Porcini & Cream sauce in a pot.
- Add the arugula to a bowl, take some of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes. Stir.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir. Set aside.
- Set the oven to broil.
- Toast your ciabatta bread in a toaster oven or toaster. Set aside.
- Slice the fresh smoked mozzarella & the fresh mozzarella.
- In a pan add the fried cutlets, spread with the Truffle, Porcini sauce and top with fresh smoked mozzarella and regular mozzarella.
- Take the fried cutlets to the oven. Only for a few minutes, until the cheese is melty. Don’t burn!!
- Spread some of the sun-dried tomatoes on the bread or a garlic aioli (optional).
- Top with the fresh arugula.
- Place the turkey cutlet on top
- Shave the parmesan cheese on top.
- Finish with fresh basil.
- Add the top of the bread.
- Cut in half and enjoy.
Shop this pan and lining paper to elevate your serving game.
Step up your serving game with these burger serving trays. Perfect to serve burgers, sandwiches and pizza on. Lined with newspaper styled paper sheets. #Sandwiches #BurgerTrays #ServingTrays #Foodie #PaperLiners #TurkeyParmesanSandwich
Follow my shop @Da’Stylish Foodie on the @shop.LTK app to shop this post and get my exclusive app-only content!
Video recipe here