It’s Hatch Pepper Season. Hatch Chiles are a unique variety of peppers grown in the Hatch Valley Region of New Mexico. These peppers usually have a very short season beginning in early August, and ending somewhere around late September. The perfect addition to any recipe that needs a little bit of zing!
My kids love pasta. I added the hatch pepper cheese and diced hatch peppers to this easy Crawfish Fettuccine recipe.
I’m including the recipe video here
- Hatch Pepper cheese (8 oz x 2)
- Hatch pepper (2)
- Onion diced (1)
- Heavy Whipping cream (16 oz)
- Mozzarella cheese (thick, 8 oz)
- Pack of crawfish tails (2)
- 1 pack of Fettuccine noodles
- Slap ya mama
- Garlic powder
- Green onions
- Celery (diced, 1 stalk)
- Smoked paprika
- Unsalted Land O Lakes butter (1/4 cup)
- Parsley diced (1 – 2 handfuls)
- Olive Oil ( 1 – 2 tbsp)
- Drain the crawfish tails.
- Season the crawfish tails with slap ya mama, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Set aside.
- Grate the blocks of Hatch pepper cheese. Set aside.
- Dice the onions, celery and hatch peppers. Set aside.
- Chop the parsley and green onions. Set aside.
- Add a large pot of water to the stove. Once boiling prepare the noodles according to the package.
- While the water is boiling. Add the olive oil and unsalted butter to the skillet.
- Toss in the crawfish tails once the butter is melted. Stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes.
- Push the crawfish to one side of the skillet. Toss in onions, hatch peppers and celery. Saute for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and cook for another 1 – 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pot. Set aside.
- Drain the fettuccine noodles and set aside.
- Add the heavy whipping cream to the pot you removed the crawfish from. Warm the heavy cream until it starts to bubble.
- Slowly began to stir in the hatch pepper cheese in small portions.
- Then add in the mozzarella cheese.
- Once the cheese is melted and combined. Add in the crawfish tails (reserve a little bit of the crawfish to garnish the top) and onion mixture. Stir and combine everything.
- Toss in the pasta. Gently mixing together. Add in small portions. Make sure you have more sauce than noodles.
- Garnish with reserved crawfish, parsley and green onions.