The cold weather has been wreaking havoc on different parts of the country. Though we live in the South we have seen some pretty cold temperatures here lately. This cold weather has us wanting something a little warm. Soup, Hot Chocolate, Tea and Coffee are among our favorite go to items. But Hot Chocolate has been top of the list in our home. I have been making hot chocolate quite a bit for the family.
I decided to create a speciality hot chocolate with my favorite candy, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. They are my absolute favorite candy of all times. I decided to create a Hot Chocolate inspired Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.
Reese's Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 TSP Peanut Butter Morsels melted
- 2 TSPs Chocolate Chip Morsels
- 2 Cups International Delight Reese's Peanut Butter Creamer
- 1 Cup Lactaid Milk
- 2 TBSP Hershey Cocoa Powder
- 2 Reese's Peanut Butter cup Garnish
- 1 Bar Baker's semi-sweet chocolate Shave on top
- Reddi Whipped Cream Use desired amount
- Heat the milk and Reese's creamer in a pot. Don't let the milk boil over.
- While the milk is heating, melt the peanut butter morsels and chocolate morsels in the microwave. I have a microwave with a setting for melting chocolate. Stir the morsels with a little milk and return to the microwave for a minute or so longer. If you don't have a melt chocolate setting, use a bowl over a hot pot of water. Don't burn.
- Add Hershey Cocoa Powder. Whisk until the lumps are gone.
- Add the melted peanut butter and stir.
- Add the melted chocolate and stir.
- Top with whip cream, shaved chocolate and chopped Reese's.