Alfredo Pasta is one of my kid’s favorite dishes. They wanted Alfredo Pasta one day, but I wasn’t feeling pasta. I know it was kid’s choice night but I needed to find a compromise. Something that would accommodate everyone. HMMM.. I got it, Baked potatoes.
Baked Potatoes are like tacos. It’s a blank canvas that you can add any topping to. This Loaded Shrimp Alfredo Potato was a HIT!
Only a few simple ingredients.
Shrimp Alfredo Potato
- Large Peeled, Deveined and Tail Off Shrimp – 16 – 18 oz
- Pre-chopped Diced onions and bell peppers – 1 – 2 tbsp
- Alfredo Sauce – 16.9 oz
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – desired amount for topping
- Mozzarella cheese – 4 – 5 oz
- Seasoning for shrimp – slap ya mama, garlic powder, onions and garlic powder
- Melted butter for potato – 1 – 2 tbsp per potato (optional)
- Fresh parsley – for garnish
- Pickled jalapenos (optional) – desired amount
- Preheat the oven.
- Rinse and dry potatoes. Use a fork and poke holes in the potato. Drizzle olive oil and salt. Add water to the pan. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hr and 15 minutes have time to bake the potatoes. If you don’t have time to bake the potatoes, here is a simple instant pot recipe for potatoes. Quick and easy https://dastylishfoodie.com/recipe/instant-pot-baked-potato/
- Drain and rinse the shrimp.
- Pat dry.
- Season the shrimp with slap ya mama, garlic powder, smoked paprika and onion powder. Set aside in fridge until you are ready to cook it.
- Once the potatoes are close to being done, add a little olive oil to a skillet, saute the shrimp for 7 – 8 minutes or until fully cooked. Stirring occasionally. Remove from the skillet. Set aside.
- Saute the onions and bell peppers mix for 3 – 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add alfredo sauce to the onion mixture. Set to medium to high heat. Stir. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Toss in the mozzarella cheese. Stir. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Toss the shrimp back in. Stir. Turn the heat to low.
- Cut the potatoes in half. Use a fork to smash.
- Pour the melted butter over the top. Stir.
- Top the baked potato with shrimp alfredo. A generous amount.
- Finish with fresh parsley and pickled jalapenos.
- Add some of the grated parmesan over the top.
For the full video of the step by step recipe