With the New Years coming soon, I have already started making changes in what I am eating. Seafood is my absolute favorite. Whether is Grilled, Blackened or Fried. Seafood is good for you.
Salads is one of the things that everyone will be eating once the New Year rolls around. I decided to create a Salmon Cobb Salad.
People often ask me how do you create such beautiful salads at home. I love a pretty salad. You eat with your eyes first. Salads are not always the first thing I chose because I am a bit picky when it comes to Salads.
But this Salad didn’t disappoint. I picked up a new bottle of salad dressing from Hidden Valley. So I created this Salad around this new dressing.
The Salad I made was a Salmon Cobb Salad. Oh so good with the Chili Lime Dressing from Hidden Valley.
The Salad started with Salmon. I make my own season blend. Unfortunately I will not be sharing that with you. But look for it in a cookbook or bottle in the near future.
I seasoned the Salmon on both sides. I kept the skin on the fish this time and removed the skin after it was finished baking. Super easy. But if you chose remove the skin prior to cooking.
You can season the Salmon with your seasoning of choice. All season, Slap Ya Mama or Tony Chacheres.
I drizzled the Salmon with a little Olive Oil. I placed the Salmon back in the fridge until I was ready for it.
I baked the Salmon on 350 degrees for 12 minutes. The cooking time will vary depending on the size of the Salmon and/or the type of oven you have. I would say just start with 10 minutes and check it.
While the Salmon is cooking. Boil 4 eggs.
Cook 4- 5 slabs of Bacon. Place on a paper towel to drain. Crumble Bacon.
Prep Veggies Carrots, Cucumbers and Tomatoes.
Once the Salmon starts turning Pink it is done!
Now the only thing left to do is build your salad.
Salmon Cobb Salad
- 2 Bags or Boxes Mixed Greens
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes Sliced in half
- Cucumbers Sliced in half
- Carrots Shredded or Match size
- 1 Bag Crispy Onions
- 1 Bottle Chili Lime Dressing Hidden Valley Ranch
- 4 Salmon Steaks
- Seasoning of Choice
- 5-6 Slabs Bacon Crumbled
- 4 Eggs
- Dill (Fresh) A few pieces on top of the Salmon
- Mixed Greens
- Seasoning of choice
- Chili Lime Salad Dressing
- Shredded or matchbox carrots
- Diced eggs
- Crumbled or Chopped Bacon
- Cherry Tomatoes cut in Halves
- Fresh Dill
- Crispy onions
- Make a bed of mixed greens.
- Place the Salmon in the middle
- Layer ingredeients around the Salmon. Add Cucumbers
- Diced Eggs
- Chopped Bacon
- Crispy Onions
- Chili Lime Dressing or Dressing of Choice. I recommend a Citrus dressing of some kind. Will pair well with the Salmon.
- Cherry Tomatoes