When we want to eat healthy Salmon is always on the top of the list. We typically just grill the salmon with veggies and call it a day. Well I wanted to add a little pizzazz to the dish.
I created a delicious Teriyaki Sauce. This sauce paired nicely with the salmon, rice and asparagus. Add this sauce on top simply topped off an already amazing dish! Oh my!
A few weeks ago, I received a special delivery from Florida Crystals. “The story of the sugar you love today began over a century ago. In 1850, before the 20th Century even began, the Fanjul family planted their first farm of sugarcane. Little did they know at the time that the same passion that drove them to craft that first batch of sugar would eventually grow into all that Florida Crystals has become today. We remain committed to sustainability, dedicated to doing things right and proud to provide the highest quality sugar from our family to yours”.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 bundle Bunched Asparagus
- 4 pieces Salmon Steaks
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus additional for asparagus
- 1/8 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Jasmine Rice
- 3/4 cup Florida Crystals Brown Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- Kosher salt season to taste
- sprinkle White Sesame Seeds
- 2 Lime cut each lime into 4 pieces
Time to make this easy, healthy dish for you and your family.
Teriyaki Sauce with Salmon, Jasmine rice and Asparagus
- Soy Sauce
- Salmon steaks
- Olive Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Ground Ginger
- Crushed Pepper Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Jasmine Rice
- Florida Crystals Brown Sugar
- Kosher Salt
- White Sesame Seeds
- Prepare Jasmine Rice according to package,
- Season Salmon Steaks with Onion Powder, Garlic Powder and Ground Ginger. *Notice I didn't use salt. Simply because soy sauce has a lot of salt. I would recommend adding more salt once you taste the complete dish. We didn't need any. Keep the skin on and remove after cooking or remove prior. I cook my Salmon with the skin on and removed afterwards.
- On a pan, prep the Asparagus by drizzling olive oil and season with salt. Broil for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Broil the fish for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- While the fish and Asparagus is cooking. Prepare the Teriyaki Sauce.
- Heat Olive Oil in sauce pan.
- Add brown sugar stir often 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add Soy sauce. Stir.
- Add sesame oil. Stir.
- Add ginger, pepper flakes, garlic powder. Stir.
- Turn down to low heat. Cook for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. The sauce will be thin, but the longer it sits the thicker it becomes.
- Plate the dish. Rice, Salmon, Asparagus. Drizzle the sauce on top and finish with sesame seeds. Garnish with lime.
- Squeeze lime on top. Enjoy.
For more on the products that Florida Crystals offer: