White Beans is a great way to feed your family multiple times. We love our White Beans with Smoked meat like ham hocks or pig tails. Smoked sausage in beans are very popular.
There are 4 types of white beans: Great Northern Beans, Baby Lima Beans, and Cannellini Beans and Navy Pea Beans.
I recently created a brand new White Beans Instant Pot Recipe. Simple and easy, no matter your cooking level, you can nail this Louisiana Dish.
I chose the Navy Pea Beans for this particular recipe.
Instant Pot Navy Pea Beans
- 3 links Smoked Sausage Cut Sausage into bite size pieces
- 1/4 Onion Diced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 lb Navy Pea Beans
- 1 hand-full Parsley Rough Chop
- 4 cups Water
- 1 QT Organic Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Slap Ya Mama Seasoning Generous amount
- Smoked Paprika Generous amount
- Garlic Powder
Instant Pot Navy Pea Beans Ingredients:
- Smoked Sausage
- White Onion
- Bell Pepper
- Navy Pea Beans
- Organic Chicken Stock
- Olive Oil
- Slap Ya Mama Seasoning
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Peel and dice the onions.
- Dice the bell pepper.
- Slice three links of sausage into bite size pieces.
- Press the Saute Button on the Instant Pot.
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot.
- Once heated. Add in sausage and brown on both sides for about 10 minutes. Stirring often.
- Push aside the sausage to one side and add the onion and bell pepper. Stirring and cooking until glistening. About 5 - 8 minutes.
- Stir onions, bell peppers and sausage together.
- Add the navy beans.
- Add chicken stock and water. Stir.
- Place the lid and make sure it's on tight.
- Then switch the setting on the instant pot to Pressure Cooker option on High for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- Once time is up and the pressure has been released, removed the lid.
- Stir. Switch to the bean and chili setting. Add Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder and slap ya mama. Taste.
- Cook for an additional 15 - 20 minutes. Stirring often.
- Serve over rice or cornbread.