I am typically not a fan of carrots. I have to be honest, I don’t have a large variety of vegetables that I eat. But I am working to expand my vegetables past just green beans, corn, dry beans, cauliflower and broccoli.
Last week I woke up with a recipe on my mind, Carrots Salad. This was such an easy recipe. I cooked the carrots in the air fryer. So easy.
This is a Mediterranean style salad. Not a salad that is made with plain lettuce but instead with Carrots. A Unique Twist.
- Non-stick Olive Oil Spray
- 6 medium size Carrots Peeled and cut into fry shapes
- Mediterranean Olive Oil Toss the carrots in the Olive Oil
- Tuscany Italian Dressiing
- Smoked Paprika Season to taste
- Maldon Salt Season to taste
- 1/4 Julienne Purple onions
- Mediterranean Feta Cheese Generous amount
- Curly Parsley Garnish
- Sliced Olives Suggestion that is Optional
- Mediterranean Olive Oil
- Maldon Salt
- Tuscany Italian Dressing
- Mediterranean Feta Cheese
- Smoked Paprika
- Purple Onion
- Curly Parsley
- Peel the carrots.
- Cut the carrots into thick strips.
- Toss the carrots in the Mediterranean Olive Oil. The Olive I used had herbs so I recommend at some of that to the carrots too.
- Season generously with Maldon Salt. Set aside.
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Spray the bed of the Air fryer with Olive Oil Spray. Add the carrots to the Air fryer.
- Press the Carrot icon on the Air fryer.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes. Cook until tender. Cooking time may vary depending on the size.
- Shake halfway through the cooking process.
- When the carrots are done. Plate the carrots.
- Season with Maldon Salt and Smoked Paprika.
- Drizzle the Tuscany Dressing on top.
- Top with Mediterranean Feta Cheese.
- Add Purple Onions.
- Garnish with Fresh Parsley.
- Optional additions would be add grilled chicken and/or Olives.
- This paired nicely with my Smoked Mahi Mahi.