Pizza is one of the most eaten food items for the Super Bowl.
Some people like simple pizza like Pepperoni, but I love making creative pizzas.
Most of the pizzas I make will not include a traditional red sauce. Fun fact about me, I have acid reflux so I often avoid tomato based sauces on my pizza.
This new pizza creation is my Cajun Pizza. This one has a shrimp scampi sauce as the base. This pizza was superb.
I call this pizza a Cajun pizza for several reasons, the pizza has shrimp, sausage and jalapeños on this pizza. MMM…Good.
I prepared this pizza on my OONI Grill. Check it out here
Most of my new creations usually start with a new product that I find in the grocery store. This one is no different.
Campbell’s now sell Skillet Sauces in a pack. I stumbled over this Campbell’s Shrimp Scampi Skillet Sauce. I decided to try it on a pizza.
A fun fact about me, I have acid reflux so I often avoid tomato sauce on pizza. This Shrimp Scampi Sauce was perfect for the base of my Cajun Pizza.
- Pizza Dough (fresh)
- True Salt
- Fresh Parsley (garnish)
- Italian Seasoning
- Campbell’s Skillet Scampi Sauce
- Slap Ya Mama Seasoning
- Sliced Jalapeños (jar or fresh)(garnish)
- Smoked Sausage (sliced)
- Boudin (remove casings and slice into pieces)
- Fresh shrimp (peeled and deveined) optional if you don’t like seafood
- Pizza cheese blend (mozzarella and parmesan)
- Take out your pizza dough.
- Roll the dough out on cornmeal.
- Use the pizza roller on the dough. This allows the pizza dough to cook evenly without puffing.
- Season the shrimp in a bowl with slap ya mama.
- Spread the desire amount of Shrimp Scampi sauce on the dough.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Add the sausage, boudin and shrimp on top.
- Cook in the OONI oven for 2 – 4 minutes or so turning often to prevent burning. The OONI cooks at high heat and doesn’t take long to prepare pizza.
- Finish the pizza with Jalapeños, sea salt (optional), Italian seasoning and fresh parsley or cilantro.
A few things to note, you can use the exact same toppings on a canned pizza dough and bake according to the packaging.
Here is the link to some of the tools I used in this blog post.
RSVP International Endurance® Rocker Style Stainless Steel Pizza Cutter, 14″ | Sharp & Versatile Cutter – Shop pizza cutter here