Sweet and Sour Chicken is one of my favorite Americanized Chinese Dishes. Yes, you heard right, Sweet and Sour Chicken is not an authentic Chinese Dish.
I created a simple and easy Sweet and Sour Chicken served in a Pineapple.
Sweet & Sour Chicken
Sweet & Sour Chicken, an americanized Chinese dish that is guaranteed to have you wanting more. A quick and easy dish that even the kiddos will enjoy.
- 1 - 2 lbs Chicken Breast Cut into chunks
- Fresh Pineapple Cut in half and remove the inside of the pineapple. Cut into chunks.
- 1 Chunks of White Onions
- 1 Chunks of Red Bell Peppers
- White Sesame Seeds
- 1 14.8 oz LA Choy Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Slap Ya Mama Season to taste
- Ground Ginger Season to taste
- Stir-Fry Oil Use Oil to saute veggies and chicken
- 1 Chunk of Green Bell Peppers
- Cooked Long Grain Rice Prepare according to package
Sweet and Sour Chicken is probably one of the most popular Americanized Chinese Dishes. This easy recipe will have you enjoying your favorite Chinese dish right in the comfort of your home. Ingredients:
- Chunks of onions
- Chunks of Red Bell Peppers
- Chunks of Green Bell Peppers
- White Sesame Seeds (optional)
- La Choy Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Fresh Pineapple
- Chicken breast cut into chunks
- Slap Ya Mama
- Ground Ginger
- Stir-Fry oil
- Cooked Long grain rice
- Cook the long grain rice.
- Cut onions, red bell peppers and green bell peppers into chunks. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces.
- Season the chicken with ground ginger and slap ya mama. Set aside.
- Cut the pineapple in half long ways. Remove the inside of the pineapple. Cut into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- The whole Pineapple will serve as the bowl for your Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- Heat the Wok, add Stir Fry oil. Once the wok is hot sauté the onions, red and green bell peppers. Set aside once tender.
- Add a little more stir-fry oil. Sauté the chicken until completely cooked.
- Add the onions and bell peppers back to the Wok. Stir.
- Add the Sweet & Sour Sauce. Heat thoroughly. About 3 - 5 minutes.
- Mix in the pineapple chunks. Stir. Taste, add more seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with long grain rice.
- Add the cooked rice to pineapple.
- Top with sweet and sour chicken.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.