Pasta Salads are great side dishes for Summer Cookouts. Pasta Salads are such an easy creation. Most pasta salads can be made ahead of time, covered and refrigerated for the next day or to take with you to the cookout.
I created a new pasta salad, my Sweet Heat Pasta Salad.
Mt. Olive has a brand new product, their Sweet Heat Bread and Butter Chips.
“We added a bit of heat to our traditional Mt. Olive Bread & Butter chip, and the result is a burst of flavor and just-right spiciness. Made with Sea Salt and sweetened with sugar. For a tangy and spicy crunch on your sandwiches and salads, do not miss these sweet and spicy bread and butter pickle chips from Mt. Olive!”
Sweet Heat Pasta Salad
- 17.6 oz. Garofolo Organic Gemelli pasta Boil according to package
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1/2 jar Mt. Olive Sweet Heat Pickles
- 8 slabs Turkey bacon
- 1/2 Purple onion Julienne
- 1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/4 cup Sweet Heat Pickle Juice
- 1 pinch Salt
- Fresh Dill Generous amount for garnish and in the pasta
- 6 slices Kraft Sliced cheese Cut into pieces by hand
- 15.75 oz Sweet Corn Drained
- Sweet Heat Pickles
- Turkey Bacon
- Purple Onion
- Cayenne Pepper
- Orange Bell Pepper
- Fresh Dill
- Garofolo Organic Gemelli Pasta
- Sweet Heat Pickle Juice
- Kraft Cheese
- Boil a pot of salted water.
- Boil the pasta according to the package.
- Broil the Turkey Bacon at 500 degrees in the oven on high for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set the turkey bacon aside.
- Dice the orange bell pepper.
- Julienne cut the purple onion.
- Once the pasta is boiled. Drain the water and allow the pasta too cool.
- Add the mayo, pickle juice, kosher salt and cayenne pepper to measuring cup and stir together.
- Chop the bacon into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Add the pasta, purple onions, pickles, bacon, orange bell pepper, corn to a big mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing mixture to the bowl. Stir as you add the mixture.
- Tear the cheese into bite size pieces. Gently stir together.
- Add a generous amount of fresh dill. Stir.
- Add to a nice serving bowl. Garnish with fresh dill on top.