It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost here! Many people are trying to figure out or plan how they will celebrate Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving will not look like what we are use to, but we have to remember this too shall pass and things will get better.
Our family won’t be celebrate with the big traditional Thanksgiving that we use to, but we will still have some really good food.
If you are planning to celebrate on a smaller scale this recipe is for you. Save this one, pin it on pinterest, whatever you have to do save it. This Turkey Salad Croissant.
Use your leftover Turkey or Smoke some Turkey breast to create this simple and easy recipe.
For this recipe I used a brand new product called The White Sauce. The White Sauce is not your normal traditional Alabama White Sauce.
Here is a little more about the company, “The White sauce was created back in 1978 by our mom, Ginny. It was first used on smoked chicken in our family’s barbecue restaurants in North Alabama. After more than 40 years and countless requests, we finally bottled The White Sauce!
The White Sauce is so much more than a white barbecue sauce! It is not like any white sauce you have ever tasted! Unlike traditional Alabama white barbecue sauce, our sauce does not contain horseradish making it the perfect blend of creamy and sweet. It is a great addition to, not only bbq, but also potatoes, salads, stir fry, pizza, fried green tomatoes, and even grilled peaches! That is why we like to say it is, “A Touch of Sweet for Everything!”
This Smoked Turkey Salad will knock your socks off. It’s different with a great flavor profile.
Smoked Turkey Salad
- 1.5 lb Turkey Breast Tenderloin
- 1 Green Apple Rinsed and diced
- 1/2 Celery Stalk Sliced
- 1/2 cup The White Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper for the Turkey salad
- 2 tsp French's Classic Yellow Mustard optional adds some tanginess
- 1/2 White onion Minced
- Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning Season to taste
- Onion Powder Season to taste
- Cayenne Pepper for Turkey Breast Season to taste
- Smoked Paprika Season to taste
- Black Pepper Season to taste
- Garlic Powder Season to taste
- Ground Thyme Season to taste
- Dried Cranberries Desired amount
- 1 stalk Green onions Chopped
- Turkey Breast Tenderloin
- Green Apple
- Celery Stalk
- The White Sauce
- Cayenne Pepper
- Yellow Mustard
- White Onion
- Tony Chacheres
- Onion Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Black pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Thyme
- Dried Cranberries
- Green Onions
- Heat your Traeger Grill to 375 degrees.
- Season your Turkey Breast with Tony Chacheres, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Smoked Paprika and Black Pepper.
- Smoke the Turkey breast for 35 - 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Halfway through cooking flip to the other side. This will get those grill marks. Optional step. **Be sure the internal temperature is 165 degrees**.
- While the Turkey Breast is on the grill, dice the apples and onions.
- Cut the Celery and chop the green onions. Set aside.
- Once the turkey breast's internal temperature is 165 degrees, remove from the smoker and rest for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Shred the Turkey breast by hand or with the Kitchen Aid. Yes you heard me right. The kitchen aid. Try it, works perfectly.
- Add shredded Turkey to a bowl. Add additional Tony Chacheres at this point (optional).
- Add the white sauce. Stir.
- Add the mustard. Stir.
- Add the green apples, celery and onions. Stir together.
- Add Cayenne pepper. Stir.
- Add the Cranberries. Gently stir.
- Serve on toasted Texas Toast bread or Croissants.
- I served my Turkey Salad on a Croissant.
- Garnish with lettuce. Top with the Turkey Salad.
- Serve with Salt and Pepper Cucumbers.