I have two kids that are both different when it comes to breakfast. One is a traditional breakfast eater. He loves oatmeal, a cereal bar and fruit every morning. But he also gets a second breakfast, that’s what he calls it. He eats anything at that point that I give him. He’s pretty easy.
Well I have one who is very picky when it comes to breakfast. She’s my almost teenager. She doesn’t like cereal or oatmeal. So I am often trying to figure out something creative to make that I know she will love.
Well a few weeks ago I tested this recipe on my kids.
My Cinnamon & Sugar Air Fryer Bisc-onuts. This is a biscuit turned donut that’s tossed in Cinnamon and Sugar. But instead of frying I am making this in my air fryer. So easy.
Cinnamon & Sugar Air Fryer Bisc-onuts:
- Honey Butter Grands Biscuits
- Round Cookie Cutters
- Brown Paper Bag
- Milk and Powdered Sugar is what I used for icing (optional) I used Lactaid Milk
- Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer. (Preheat setting)
- Remove the biscuits from package.
- Place biscuits on a cutting board. Use cookie cutter to place a hole in the middle. Save the hole for later. Here is the link to shop this cookie cutter
- Once the air fryer is preheated, spray with non-stick spray.
- Place the bisc-ounts inside. 4 at a time.
- Close the Air Fryer.
- Set the Air fryer on the bread setting, set for 320 degrees for 7 – 8 minutes.
- While the bisc-ounts are cooking, add your desired amount of cinnamon and sugar mixture in a brown paper bag. *I usually don’t measure my mixture, just eye it and taste. I Usually use about equal parts sugar to cinnamon*.
- In a bowl add about a 1/2 cup – 1 cup of powdered sugar. Then add a tbsp of milk at a time, Stir. Add more milk if necessary until you reach your desired consistency. I don’t measure, I just eye the mixture. Set aside until needed.
- Remove the biscuits once they are cooked, toss in the brown paper bag one at a time.
- Close the bag at the top, shake shake shake! **DO while HOT**
- Remove and set aside the Bisc-ounts.
- Repeat with the rest.
- Drizzle the Bisc-ounts with the icing.
- Serve while hot!
For the donut holes, cook at 320 for 3 – 4 minutes. Toss in Cinnamon and Sugar and drizzle with icing.
Below is a quick video of how to make the Bisc-onuts:
Shop this post:
Air Fryer Bisc-onuts and I needed a plain round cookie cutter. Purchased this 14 piece cookie cutter. #Cutter #KitchenTools #CookieCutter #Home #Recipes @amazon
Follow my shop on the @shop.LTK app to shop this post and get my exclusive app-only content!