As my kiddos get older they are getting more interested in helping me create dishes for our family.
Recently they asked me to create a Cheeseburger Soup.
I’m collaborating with my friends over at Mt. Olive Pickles. This Cheeseburger Soup is a bowl of creamy, cheesy goodness that the kids will love.
- Hamburger Dill Chips (for garnish)
- Pickle Juice (1/2 cup)
- Hamburger Dill Chips (chopped, 2/3 cup)
- White Onion (Diced, 1/2)
- Red Bell Peppers (Diced, 1/2)
- Ground Beef (2 lbs 9 oz)
- Slap Ya Mama (Season to taste)
- Olive Oil (1 tbsp)
- Frozen Crinkle Fries
- Shredded Cheese (for garnish)
- Heavy Cream (1/2 cup)
- Lactaid Milk (1 cup)
- Cheddar cheese soup in a can (10.5 oz)
- Onion Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Smoked Paprika (1/2 tsp)
- Garlic Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Chicken Stock (1 cup)
- Yellow Mustard Seeds (1/4 tsp)
- Velveeta Cheese (14 oz, cut)
- Ketchup (optional)
- Additional milk needed with canned Cheddar cheese soup
- Dice the onions, bell peppers and pickles. Set aside.
- Season the ground beef with Slap Ya Mama. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to bake the fries.
- Bake the fries according to package.
- Turn on the Instant Pot to Saute.
- Add Olive Oil to the Instant Pot.
- Once the olive oil is hot, Brown the ground beef. Stirring often. Cook for about 8 – 10 minutes or until brown.
- Drain the ground beef. Set aside.
- Add a little more olive oil and saute the onions and bell peppers. Stirring often, 3 – 5 minutes.
- Toss in diced pickles. Stirring often. 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the mixture to the reserved ground beef. Set aside.
- Switch the instant pot to the Soup setting for 20 minutes or so.
- Add the pickle juice to the pot.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Add the milk.
- Add the heavy cream. Stirring often. About 5 – 7 minutes.
- Once the liquids are hot, stir in a can of cheddar cheese soup. Use the can and fill with milk. Stir often until the cheese soup is liquefied.
- Add the mustard seeds.
- Add the Onion powder, garlic powder. smoked paprika. Stir.
- Turn down the heat pressure to low on the Soup setting. This will prevent burning.
- Stirring often. Cheese can burn so stir often. Cook until ingredients are well mixed and everything is hot. About 5 – 10 minutes or so. *Do not use timer on the instant pot.*
- Season the fries with Slap Ya Mama before serving.
- Serve in a bowl. Top with shredded cheese and sliced pickles. Serve with french fries or crackers.
Shop this picture:
1st collaboration of 2022. Made a Cheeseburger Soup for the kiddos with MT. Olive pickles. Served in my stoneware Soup and side bowl. Really love this bowlo. Great for chips and dip, soups and sandwich etc…
#Bowls #Recipes #Swag #Kitchenware