This recipe started with the NEW Mt. Olive Italian Seasoned Jalapenos. Mt. Olive Pickles has some of my favorite items like pickles, jalapenos, pickle juicers and much more.
MT. Olive shipped me some of the jalapenos to try and the peppers are yummy.
Their brand NEW Italian Seasoned Jalapenos are the perfect topping or addition to any dish.
I used the Italian Jalapenos in my Cajun Pasta. OH man, this added the perfect amount of heat to the dish without being overly spicy.
Below is my easy Cajun Pasta Recipe.
- Mt. Olive Italian Seasoned Jalapenos (Desired amount, I used about 14) (chopped)
- Italian Trottole Macaroni Noodles (16 oz)
- Smoked Andouille Sausage (14 oz)
- Shrimp (Peeled and Deveined) (1 lb.)
- Classico Creamy Alfredo ( 15 oz) (2)
- White Onions (diced)
- Red Bell Peppers (diced)
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning Hot Blend (1/2 tbsp)
- Old Bay Seasoning (1 tsp)
- Chopped Parsley (Garnish)
- Add water to a pot to boil.
- Add salt to the water.
- Season the Shrimp with Slap Ya Mama and Old Bay Seasoning. Set aside. *Note: If you don’t like shrimp, just replace with Chicken.*
- Slice the Smoked Andouille Sausage. Set aside.
- Dice the Onions and Bell Peppers. Set aside.
- Chop the Italian Seasoned Jalapenos. Set aside.
- To a skillet add a little olive oil to brown the sausage. Brown for about 5 – 7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Leave some of the grease from the sausage to saute the onions and bell peppers. Saute for about 3 – 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Toss in the Shrimp. Flipping often for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat. Set aside.
- Once the water is boiling add in the Trottole noodles. Follow the packaging.
- Reserve some of the pasta water.
- Drain the noodles once cooked. Set aside.
- Deglaze the skillet with the pasta water. Stirring all of the droppings.
- To the skillet add in the Alfredo Sauce. Stir.
- Heat the alfredo sauce. About 3 minutes or so. Stirring often.
- Toss in the Italian Seasoned Jalapenos.
- Stir in the noodles. Start with 1/2 of the cooked noodles. * You want to make sure there is enough sauce once you add in the other items. *
- Add in the Shrimp and Sausage. A little at a time. Reserve some. Stir.
- Taste. If necessary, add additional seasoning.
- Add in more of the pasta, shrimp, sausage if the pasta is too saucy. If not, garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve with a side salad and breadsticks.
- Here is the video as well.