The beginning of every good Fried Rice is old rice. I decided to change up my fried rice by creating a Breakfast version.
Ok let me just say that this Spicy Brunch Fried Rice was incredibly delicious.
The idea of this fried rice all started with Hoff’s Wake Up call Hot Sauce.
For more on Hoff’s products visit this past blog post https://dastylishfoodie.com/2020/07/dirt-dusted-bbq-chicken/
Now back to this yummy recipe.
Spicy Brunch Fried Rice
- 2 -3 tbsp Stir-Fry Oil
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- Hoff's Wake Up Call Sauce Generous drizzle on top
- 4 Eggs Scrambled
- 1/4 Red Bell Peppers Diced
- 1 Green onions Diced
- 1/4 Onions Diced
- 1/4 Green Bell Peppers Diced
- Slap Ya Mama Season the eggs
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Brigg's True Strawberry Habanero Jelly
- 4 Thick Cut Bacon Cut the strips into pieces
- 1/3 cup Florida Crystals Raw Cane Brown Sugar
- 3 Fried Eggs Fried for the top
- Cooked Old Rice
- Stir-Fry Oil
- Ground Ginger
- Hoff's Wake Up Call Sauce
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Onions
- Green Bell Peppers
- Slap Ya Mama
- Soy Sauce
- Brigg's True Strawberry Habanero Jelly
- Thick Cut Bacon
- Florida Crystals Raw Cane Brown Sugar
- Fried Eggs
- Cooked Old Rice
- In a pot, mix the Soy sauce, ground ginger, strawberry habanero jelly. Mix all the ingredients together. Heat all of the ingredients for 5 - 10 minutes. Be sure that all ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs. Season with Slap ya mama. Set aside.
- Add the stir fry oil to the wok.
- Saute the onions and bell peppers. Remove from the wok.
- Add a little more Stir-fry oil to the wok, fry the bacon. Remove the crispy bacon and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Add more Stir-Fry Oil to the pan, fry the old rice. 5 - 8 minutes.
- Add onions and bell peppers.
- Add bacon.
- Mix all together.
- Once the rice is well mixed, push the fried rice to one side. Add beat eggs on the other side. Scamble the eggs. 3 minutes or so.
- Mix it all together.
- Add the Soy sauce mixture a little at a time. Until the desired amount of soy sauce is added.
- Taste. Add more of the soy sauce mixture if necessary.
- Turn off the fire. Place the lid on top to keep warm while you prepare the fried eggs.
- In a skillet add some olive and fry 3 eggs. I like my egg sunny side up.
- Remove the lid from the fried rice. Toss in green onions.
- Plate the fried rice.
- Top with a fried egg.
- Drizzle some of the Wake up Call Hot Sauce on top.