Hello Fall! The first day of Fall is tomorrow. OMG! I am so ready for Fall. I’m ready to enjoy all of the Soups, Stews and Gumbo!! Hello!
Today, I wanted to share my easy Gumbo video with you. It will only require a few ingredients.
- Kary’s Roux (1/2 jar)
- Smoked Sausage sliced
- Onions diced
- Bell Peppers diced
- Parsley chopped
- Smoked Turkey Necks (4 pieces)
- Smoked Neckbones (4 pieces)
- Chicken wings
- Slap Ya Mama Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Chicken stock 1 Qt.
Now let me just saying, I didn’t measure anything. I season based on my feelings. IF my soul feels warm I know it’s good.
Gumbo video is here
- Start with a stockpot of water boiling.
- Add the Chicken stock.
- Once the water and chicken stock is boiling, add in the Roux.
- Stir until the roux is dissolved and mixed in. I like my roux between thick roux and like a water roux. Not too thick but just right. About 10 – 15 minutes. Stirring often.
- Add in the onions and bell peppers.
- Season your chicken wings with slap ya mama, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Set aside.
- Toss in the smoked sausage. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add in the smoked neckbones and smoked turkey necks. Stir.
- Turn the heat to medium to high heat. Cook for about 1 hr minutes or until tender.
- Once the desired tenderness of the meat is reached, toss in the chicken wings. About 20 minutes or so.
- Toss in the fresh parsley.
- Plate with rice, ladle in the gumbo. Finish with hot sauce and more parsley.
- Served with potato salad. OH YEAH baby!
Fall Season is almost here!! Get ready with these bowls! Perfect to serve your gumbo, soups and stews. #FallSeason #Gumbo #Soups #Stews
Follow my shop @Da’Stylish Foodie on the @shop.LTK app to shop this post and get my exclusive app-only content!