Friday’s are normally Seafood night. Whether it’s Shrimp or Fish Po-boy, Shrimp Pizza (recipe coming soon), Crawfish Étouffée we are always coming up with some kind of Seafood dish to enjoy.
This past Friday, I decided to make Shrimp and Crawfish Quesadilla. I have to say this one was so yummy. My kids loved these Quesadillas. Only a few simple steps.
Shrimp & Crawfish Quesadilla
- Soft & Fluffy Homestyle Tortilla
- Pico de Gallo
- Shredded Creamy Melt Colby Jack Cheese (8 oz)
- Shredded Creamy Melt Mozzarella Cheese (8 oz)
- Peeled and Deveined Shrimp (1lb)
- Crawfish Tails (12 oz)
- Mt. Olive Italian Seasoned Jalapeños (desired amount, optional)
- Slap Ya Mama Seasoning (Desired amount)
- Creole Buttermilk Sauce (Optional)
- Fajita Vegetable Blend (Onions, Red Bell Peppers, Green Bell Peppers, Purple Onions)
- Olive Oil
- Land O Lakes Butter ( 3 – 4 tbsp)
- Griddle (optional), a skillet would work just fine too
- Drain the shrimp from the bag. Set aside.
- Drain the crawfish. Set aside.
- Season the Shrimp with Slap Ya Mama. Set aside.
- Season the crawfish with Slap Ya Mama. Set aside.
- Add some Olive Oil to the griddle. Saute the onions, bell peppers and purple onions. Saute for about 5 – 8 minutes.
- In a separate skillet add 1 tbsp of butter to a skillet. Saute the crawfish. Stirring often. Cook for about 5 – 6 minutes. Remove from the skillet and Set aside.
- In the same skillet add 1 tbsp of butter. Once melted tossed in the shrimp. Cook for about 8 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet set aside.
- Add a little olive to the griddle. Add the tortilla.
- Add the Colby jack cheese, add onions and bell peppers, top with shrimp and crawfish, add jalapeños and add mozzarella cheese. Fold in half and flip for one minute or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the griddle. Drizzle some of the Creole Buttermilk Sauce on the inside of the tortilla.
- Finish with pico de gallo and cilantro.
Shop the griddle below:
Having a stove top griddle is so awesome. It’s such a versatile tool to have in your kitchen. I use mine for fajitas, quesadillas, grilled cheese and so much more. I used it recently to prepare these yummy quesadillas. #griddles #Stovetopgriddle #foodie #quesadilla #homecook #kitchenware
Follow my shop @Da’Stylish Foodie on the @shop.LTK app to shop this post and get my exclusive app-only content!